A state program for the resettlement of Ukrainian refugees has been launched in Montenegro – they will be placed in hotels until March 2023. The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Montenegro reports that Ukrainians will be accommodated in a hotel in the cities of Sutomore and Niksic, next to which there are all the necessary social facilities. October 15, 2022 0 2 min
Friends, we remind you that we have a super convenient application for iOS, which is available in the App Store
Download, try and leave your feedback!
“Accommodation will take place on the basis of the hotel “Sato” in the city of Sutomore, Bar (140 places) and the hotel “Onogost” in the city of Niksic (90 places), which meet all the necessary criteria regarding the convenient location near schools, kindergartens, hospitals and other necessary establishments”, says the page of the Ukrainian Embassy in Montenegro.
It is reported that free accommodation will be available until the end of the temporary protection program for Ukrainians in Montenegro – March 10, 2023, or longer if it is extended by the Government of Montenegro.
Who can use free accommodation?
However, only the most vulnerable categories of Ukrainian citizens can apply for residence. In particular, these are people who:
- do not have self-rented housing;
- do not own real estate in Montenegro,
- have no other movable property of high value (for example, a car worth more than 10 thousand euros);
- the person is not an entrepreneur, founder or member of any companies;
- do not have official employment, active or passive income that would be treated as monthly, periodic or ongoing payments (exceptions are possible based on family composition, minimum wage, other individual factors that determine the urgent need for assistance).
How to apply for accommodation?
To take advantage of the opportunity to stay in a hotel under the program, those who wish must apply to the embassy in the online queue for certification of the application and interview.
According to rbc.ua.