Dubai Airport prepares for the busiest day of the year – On January 2, 257 thousand passengers are expected. In total, during the festive period, the passenger flow of the airport should amount to 2 million people. Travelers are asked to consider increased traffic when planning their trip through Dubai.
DUBAI AIRPORT RETURNS TO PRE-PANDEMIC PASSENGER FLOW
Dubai International Airport is ready to receive 2 million passengers over an eight-day period starting December 27, Arabian Business writes. The average daily passenger traffic will reach 245,000 passengers, and the busiest day with traffic of more than 257,000 passengers will be on January 2. These numbers are close to pre-pandemic levels.
December has been an “exceptionally busy” month for the airport due to a combination of seasonal visitor numbers, the recently concluded Doha World Cup, and Dubai's strong position as one of the world's busiest destinations. tourist destinations in the world.
WHAT PASSENGERS SHOULD DO TO SAVE TIME AT THE AIRPORT
The airport operator encourages passengers to plan their trips with this in mind and follow simple tips to avoid airport congestion.
- Airport roads can be busy during rush hours. It's best to plan for extra travel time.
- Use the subway to and from the airport. Stations located in Terminals 1 and 3 will operate 24/7 from December 31, 2022 to January 1, 2023.
- Greeters and see-offs should use dedicated car parks or valet parking, access to the arrivals area in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 is limited to public transport only.
- Weigh luggage at home, check and prepare documents so you don't waste time at the airport.
- Leave the mourners at home, as only passengers are allowed into the terminals during peak hours.
- If you are departing from terminal 1 , arrive at the airport no earlier than 3 hours before departure.
- Use online services and self-service wherever possible. Emirates passengers are encouraged to check in early.
- Families traveling with children over 12 can use Smart Gates to expedite the passport control process.
Recall that the UAE has become one of the main winter destinations for Russian tourists. In addition, Dubai Airport is highly popular for transit from Russia to the countries of Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe.