Temporary protection in Czech Republic: important changes for Ukrainians

In the Czech Republic in 2023, a number of changes will be introduced regarding Ukrainians who have received temporary protection in this country. What are these changes – tell us more! January 12, 2023 0 2 min

Friends, we remind you that we have a super convenient application for iOS, which is available in the App Store

Download, try and leave your feedback!

Changes in living conditions

From April 2023, Ukrainians who have received temporary protection will be able to live free of charge in emergency housing for refugees (hostels, boarding houses, hotels, apartments from organizations) for a maximum of 150 days (5 months). If the refugee refuses the offered accommodation or leaves it for more than 5 days, this will be considered as the expired maximum period of stay.

Currently, about 70,000 Ukrainian refugees live in such premises in the Czech Republic, to whom the state allocates compensation of 300-350 crowns per day. After 5 months, Ukrainians must either pay for their stay or leave.

Such measures are necessary in order to free up places that other people need and to motivate refugees to work. However, there is an exception: the state will continue to pay for accommodation for parents with children under 4 years old, over 65 years old and people with disabilities.

Compulsory education for children

Starting from January 2023, in documents for extending temporary protection, you will need to confirm your address of residence and provide information about the Czech school where the child is studying, since education is up to 9 class in the Czech Republic is mandatory.

Distance learning in a Ukrainian school is not suitable for registration, so Ukrainians are advised to enroll their child in a school or kindergarten anyway. Often Ukrainians are faced with the fact that there are not enough places in educational institutions. In this case, you should:

  • receive a written refusal and inform the founder of the school (zřizovatel školy). He must nominate another school. If there are no available places in the area, the founder of the school will inform the regional authority, which should find an institution nearby;
  • as a last resort, you can contact the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, which should find an educational institution.

According to zakordon.24tv.ua.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *