Crossing the Ukrainian border and the EU: up-to-date information - tripmydream

In this article, we tell you how Ukrainians can leave without a passport. 07 March 2023 0 2 min

Friends, we remind you that we have a super convenient application for iOS, which is available in the App Store

Download, try and leave your feedback!

People with a residence permit in places of hostilities or in the occupied territories have the right to leave. A list of communities in war zones can be viewed here.

The decision on permission to leave is taken directly at the border individually for each person.

Advice from carriers: more likely to cross the border on an internal passport if you go on an evacuation flight for refugees.

  • If a person has already traveled abroad with an internal passport, it is necessary to have a foreign passport for the second time.
  • If the passport has already expired or will expire in less than three months, you can’t cross the border.

If you have already left without a passport, what documents are needed to return?

  • Entry into Ukraine is possible with any Ukrainian document: a foreign or internal passport, a birth certificate.
  • A child born abroad must have a foreign passport or be transferred to a Ukrainian birth certificate, and information about child.
  • To return to Ukraine without loss of temporary protection, when crossing the border, you must have a document confirming your temporary protection. But stay in Ukraine for no more than 1 month (the period may be different depending on the country in which you receive temporary protection).

This information is not official, but only a squeeze of data from the website of the Border service of Ukraine and reviews of persons with such experience. For more information, please call:

  • Ukrainian Border Guard Service: helpline 1598, +380445276363
  • Polish Border Guard Service (line for Ukrainians) : +48 222 309 900, +48 47 721 75 75

According to

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *