Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, Lithuania has received about 72 thousand refugees from Ukraine, of which almost 68 thousand received temporary protection, which gives the right to live and work and receive social help. 08 March 2023 0 2 min
Friends, we remind you that we have a super convenient application for iOS, which is available in the App Store
Download, try and leave your feedback!
At the beginning of 2023, Lithuania simplified the procedure for obtaining temporary protection by replacing plastic cards with an electronic ID.
More than 20 thousand Ukrainian refugees have already received digital permission, about 12 thousand applications remain under consideration.
In order to obtain temporary protection in Lithuania, you must:
- Personally come to the service department of the Migration Department
- Have with you the originals of your documents and photos on documents
- After accepting your application, upload your electronic residence permit from your account on the website Migracija.It
Ukrainians who previously received temporary protection and have a plastic card must replace it with a digital permit.
To do this, you need:
- Create an account on the Migracija.It website
- Fill out the application and provide the necessary information about yourself
- After confirmation, download the electronic permit
Ukrainian refugees who have not changed their temporary residence permit in Lithuania in time will have problems obtaining certain medical services, processing social benefits, child benefits, filing applications for housing heating, hot or cold water compensation, etc.
The electronic permit will be valid from March 5, 2023 and will be valid for a year – until March 4, 2024.
Video instruction on how Ukrainians apply to replace the plastic one with a digital temporary residence permit in Lithuania.
According to zakordon.24tv.ua.